|REGULAR BOARD MEETING
March 27, 2007
Present: Bob Harper, Steve Olson, Kim Lamoreaux, Gary Spears, Jeff Kirchman, Jason Niebuhr, Bill Rupel, Ethan Spears, Eric Spears, Ethan Krause, Joe Michaels, Ben Kirchman, Richard H. Wille, Brennan Fredericks, John Rupel, Terre Carlson.
1. Call meeting to order. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.
2. Proof of posting. The meeting was properly posted on March 22, 2007 and amended March 26, 2007.
3. Additions or Corrections/Approval of Agenda. Motion by Raeanne LaCourt, second by Erin Mitchell to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried.
4. Roll call. Present: Scott Stokes, Kevin Graham, Raeanne LaCourt, Carol Linley, Erin Mitchell. Absent: Lowell Holcomb, Frank Racek.
5. Approve minutes from March 13, 2007 board meeting and March 19, 2007 special board meeting. The minutes from the March 13, 2007 board meeting were not sent to the board, so they will be approved at the next meeting. Motion by Carol Linley, second by Raeanne LaCourt to approve the minutes from the March 19, 2007 special board meeting. Motion carried.
6. Appearances & Significant Correspondence. The Boy Scouts were present as a requirement for their Citizenship & Merit badge to see government in action.
7. Electric Superintendent’s Report. The report was written.
9. Vanguard Commission Report. The Commission gave Bob Harper permission to sell a trailer, truck & trencher in 3 different places. The titles for some of the equipment are missing, so replacement titles will need to be obtained. The bookkeeper has a new computer. The old one will go to Bob Harper when the new one is up and running. The commission has requested that the bookkeeper attend the next meeting to clear up some questions. Staffing issues were also discussed.
11. New Business. 1. Discussion and possible action regarding a developer’s agreement for the Westland Promenade. There was a discussion regarding whether or not the cost of utility usage was included in Fred Westland’s gift. This will be clarified between Steve Olson and Fred Westland. A meeting was held between Steve Olson, S & S Underground, Dan Viste, Tom Laudin, Town & Country Engineering and Scott Stokes to discuss particulars on the project. Approximately 500 yards of dirt will be taken from the park site to bring the site to grade. The dirt taken from the park will be dumped on the dirt site on Emily Road. S & S will start with their work next week.
Steve Olson gave the Village a bid price of $1780.00 to replace the sidewalk along the park, from approximately the Cedar House building to the train signal. The light pole in that area will be removed and the clock tower will be placed where the pole was. The curb will match what is there now. This will make more room for the clock tower. The clock tower will be ahead of the signal, but the signal will be visible for people coming down the hill. With the removal of the street light, there will be an additional street light to place further up Brodhead St. The ballast for the light will have to be changed from 250 watt to 150 watt.
S & S Concrete will be removing concrete footings along the entire distance of the property. The electricity will come from a pole by Tom Laudin’s building to a pedestal by the shelter.
Motion by Kevin Graham, second by Raeanne LaCourt to table the developer’s agreement to the next board meeting when we have received comments from the Village attorney. Steve Olson will talk with Fred Westland about who is to cover the utility usage. Motion carried.
2. Discussion and possible action regarding changing Sunny Place to Synergy Drive. Motion by Raeanne LaCourt, second by Erin Mitchell to change Sunny Place to Synergy Drive. Motion amended by Raeanne LaCourt, second amended by Erin Mitchell to have the Village pay for the new street signs. Motion carried. Kevin Graham voted opposed.
3. Discussion and possible action regarding placement of Dan Viste’s dumpsters & log cabin on Eldred St. right of way in lieu of Christmas tree in Westland Promenade being placed on his property. Motion by Erin Mitchell, second by Kevin Graham to approve the placement of Dan Viste’s dumpsters on Eldred St. right of way. The log cabin will need to be placed on Dan Viste’s property. Motion carried.
4. Discussion and possible action regarding the purchase of a locator. Motion by Carol Linley, second by Raeanne LaCourt to table this item and have Dean come to the next board meeting. Motion carried.
12. Committees. There will be a Parks committee meeting at 5:30 on Thursday, March 29, 2007.
6. Finance. a. Payment of the bills. Motion by Erin Mitchell, second by Raeanne LaCourt to approve the payment of the bills as presented. Motion carried.
13. Announcements. Vanguard has hired Norm Frakes to load and transfer files for Dianne Wehler’s new computer.
14. Adjournment. Motion by Raeanne LaCourt, second by Carol Linley to adjourn. Motion carried.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Sue Dietzen, CMC/CMT