Porifera, Cnideria, Ctenophora worksheet
Word Bank: each word is used only once. There are extras
Ctenophora radial osculum spicule
Cephalization choanocyte amoebocytes spngin
Gastrovascular cavity polyp medusa ostia
Sponges flagellum spongocoel porocyte
1. An example of porifera is a sea _______________.
2. Sponges have no ________________.
3. Water is drawn through the pores into the _______________, then the water flows out through the ________________.
4. The _________________ of the ________________ collect the food particles.
5. ________________ got their name from their use of pseudopodia.
6. The ________________ is the central digestive compartment of cnideria.
7. Cnideria have ______________ symmetry.
8. ______________ and _____________ are the two main stages/ structures of the cniderian life cycle.
9. The largest animals to use cilia for locomotion are ______________.
Matching: Match the term to the definition, frase, or example. Some words may be used more that once.
_____1. Cnidaria a. ctenophora
_____2. Cells that function in defence and capture of prey. b. porifera
_____3. Has a life cycle with two forms. c. jellyfish
_____4. Very similar to jellyfish. d. cillia
_____5. Ctenophora’s other name. e. hermaphrodites
_____6. “Combs” are made of __________. f. cnidocytes
_____7. Gender of most sponges. g. comb jellies
_____8. “Pore bearer.” h. female
_____9. Sea anemones. i. cnideria