Dr N Masuku Department of African Languages University of South Africa
Rank: SENIOR LECTURER Tel: 012 429-6444
Fax: 012 429-3221
Office: TvW 7-50
DLitt et Phil: University of south Africa M.A: University of South Africa BA(Hons): University of Pretoria
BA (Hons) University of South Africa
BA: University of South Africa
Higher Education Diploma: University of South Africa
Project Management: School of Business Leadership
FIELDS OF SPECIALISATION:
● IsiZulu : Literature and Folklore
● Gender Issues
● Drama, Novel, Short stories
●Indigenous Knowledge Systems
National Institute for the Humanities and Human Sciences
OTHER DEPARTMENTAL MATTERS
● Language Head (isiZulu)
●Teaching Undergraduate: AFL1502 ( Literature) AFL2603 (Literature)
AFL3702 (Indigenous Knowledge Systems)
Honours Paper (Traditional Literature) Masters and Doctoral Supervision.
External examiner for University of Limpopo, UKZN and TUT Professional positions and fellowship & awards Chairperson of the Organization: Southern African Journal for Folklore Studies (2010-2014)
Treasurer: Southern African Journal for Folklore Studies (2014- to date).
(i) Articles in accredited journals
● The position of a barren W omen in African Society with Special reference to the folktale “UNyumbakatali” published in the Southern Folklore for Journal Studies-Vol. 19(1) 2008.
● W omanist inclinations in the analysis of Nandi’s praise poem: An African perspective: published in the Southern Folklore for Journal Studies-Vol. (2)
● The Depiction of Mkabayi: A review of her praise poem. South African
Journal of African Languages Vol. (2) no 2009.
● Songs and Folktales as Conduits for Social Change in Zulu Culture: A Perspective on “Umkhwekazi namasi”. MUZIKI: Journal of Music Research in Africa, vol.9, no1 2012.
● “UMabhejane the witch” through the eyes of the narrator published in the
Southern Folklore for Journal Studies Vol. (1) 2014.
CONFERENCE PAPERS AND SEMINARS.
10 International and local papers-developed into journal articles and conference proceedings.